Charles Gillispie was a founding advisor of the Sachs Scholarship. He was a mentor to Dan Sachs and a mentor and inspiration to many subsequent Sachs Scholars. He actively participated in administrating the scholarship for more than three decades. He made the Sachs Scholarship a personal endeavor and encouraged personal involvement among the growing group of Sachs Scholars.
Charles Coulston Gillispie died on October 6, 2015. He was 97 years old.
- A Service of Remembrance - program
- Princeton faculty memorial resolution
- Photo album of Charles's Life
- Michael Decker's memorial poem, "The Voice of Objectivity"
- Letter from the American Philosophical Society
- Condolences from the Bach Choir of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
- Sachs Scholarship entered its fifth decade with Charles Gillispie